Arrival and Base Camp


Blog 1



07/06/19

Today is the first day of the camping trip and I am unsure of what to expect, I feel like it will be an amazing growing experience. When I first learned about the camp and the time we are going to spend it was two weeks I didn’t understand why it was that long, then last night Jessica was explaining it was for the people who go on the trip to disconnect from the rush at home and I agree. With one week of camping relating to my last camping trip I wanted to go home after one week, maybe with two weeks of camping it will feel like a new experience. A refresher in a busy schedule is important and I believe this will be the break I need from work and home. At campfire Don told some interesting stories about when he was younger and how much times have changed, he talked about the land and how the generation before taught him about how the ecosystem works  and I was thinking how this relates to what I learned at heritage. The topic we learned in class is called TEK (traditional ecological knowledge).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hike around the river

Upper Klamath Wildlife Refuge